Friday, September 4, 2009

Thrifting: whimsy lace & deer face

Aaron and I are so incredibly in love with thrifted and pre-loved things. We love to find wonderful vintage pieces but are probably even more obsessed with thrifting objects! (my mac keeps telling me that 'thrifting' is not a word but I use it almost everyday, so in my world it is as much of a word as LIFE). Our entire house is littered with vintage furniture, pictures, dishes, etc. In fact the only non-thrifted things I can think of are our computers, digital camera, and some of Aaron's musical equipment. Our food, toothpaste, and shampoo aren't thrifted but that it to be expected I suppose. 

my new favourite picture for our walls, $2
little bird, $1
brown bear, $0.25



Since it is nearing the end of summer it is time to wear all of your cute white summery things like mad (I don't believe in the silly labour day rule, but it is still nicest to wear white in the blazing sun). Here are some cute white summery things I have acquired this summer.

this dress has buttons going all the way down the back


I found this shirt yesterday and it's exactly what I was looking for
I'm going to layer it under everything this fall

this top is unfortunately too small for me
meaning you will quickly find it over here

(back)

my perfect party dress
I partied a bit too much in this dress actually, 
and paid the price by spilling red wine on it!
it's okay now though

Oh! My art supplies aren't thrifted either. I just want to be thorough with my claim of having mostly thrifted things, I don't want anybody to call me out on whether or not my toilet paper is thrifted! (which it isn't). 




happy thrifting you all




1 comment:

  1. Those are great finds! But don't give up on toothpaste and art supplies. I picked up a whole bunch of small tubes of the spendy toothpaste my husband uses at a yard sale recently, and I often see art supplies on Saturday morning driveways. You just have to keep looking!

    ReplyDelete